News for June 2016.

Hi everyone,

sorry for not posting for a while!

I’ve been tied up with a number of projects and now I can reveal one of them.

I’m very limited in what I can say, but I’d like to announce that I have just signed a deal with Sony to develop the Nightside books for TV.

I have no other information at this point as things are at a very early stage. But I thought you’d all like to know.

Simon

6 Responses to News for June 2016.

1. Christopher Paxton Jackson says:

That’s great! Can’t wait to read more about it.

2. Mark says:

That’s cool! I wonder who will play Suzy Shooter? I choose Adrianne Palicki. She’s tall, can handle weapons and even when her face is disfigured would still look hot.

3. Melyssa says:

YESSSS!!! Just please make sure they do the series justice! NBC bungled Constantine.

• steve says:

Unfortunately control is in short supply with these things!

We have to wait now for Sony to appoint a director, he will then hire a script writer and they ‘might’ talk to Simon. But they don’t have to!

4. Brandon says:

I always thought the Nightside books deserved the big screen, not that I wouldn’t enjoy it on TV but Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files took a real hit when it got the TV series treatment…Harry Dresden with a hockey stick for a wizard staff!! John Taylor better get treated properly.

Thanks for all the great books Simon, I have read them all twice.

Brandon

5. marcus says:

This is great news! I just hope they keep the feel of the nightside from the books. Rather than tone it down for what they think will appeal to the ‘mass market’.

With the recent successes of 18 rated tv shows like sparticus and game of thrones and walking dead and Ash vs Evil Dead, I have hopes for the show to hold on to it’s horror elements as well as it’s humour.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Hi everyone,

sorry for not posting for a while!

I’ve been tied up with a number of projects and now I can reveal one of them.

Simon

Archives

Recent Forum Discussions

Simon's Latest Works

Nightside 11

John Taylor is a P.I. with a special talent for finding lost things in the dark and secret centre of London known as the Nightside. He’s also the reluctant owner of a very special—and dangerous—weapon. Excalibur, the legendary sword. To find out why he was chosen to wield it, John must consult the Last Defenders of Camelot, a group of knights who dwell in a place that some find more frightening than the Nightside.

London Proper. It’s been years since John’s been back—and there are good reasons for that.