It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TV series in development from John Carpenter and Universal
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:16 pm 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/john-carpenter-syfy-developing-tales-a-halloween-night-tv-series-1019054

I WANT to be excited. But with John Carpenter at the helm, I worry about my favorite series becoming a slasher flick (unless it stars Razor Eddie instead of John Taylor), and it's not in the hands of a British production company, which means Hollywood tampering to maximize profits. I'm worried this will go the way of Constantine.

I want to be excited, but I'm not holding my breath.

Post subject: Re: TV series in development from John Carpenter and Univers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

Alyindar wrote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/john-carpenter-syfy-developing-tales-a-halloween-night-tv-series-1019054

I WANT to be excited. But with John Carpenter at the helm, I worry about my favorite series becoming a slasher flick (unless it stars Razor Eddie instead of John Taylor), and it's not in the hands of a British production company, which means Hollywood tampering to maximize profits. I'm worried this will go the way of Constantine.

I want to be excited, but I'm not holding my breath.

JC is only executive produce, the scripts will be written by other established screenwriters. Jill Blotevogel (Scream) is writing the pilot.
It's impossible to know what JC involvement would be,it could be anything from just them using his name all the way through to doing something :) Who knows. . .

As of now, we don't even have date for a script.
I'd think they're aiming for next pilot season? (but of course, Simon gets almost no info from them)

It would only go to season if the a network (and we have no idea which network they're intending to pitch to), like enough to order it.

We hope to have more info at some point! But gods knows when. . .

There a large thread on Simon's FB page on this.