It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Satanspawn and his parents
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:52 pm 

Background : (not necessary to read) Merlin Satanspawn is a extremely powerful sorcerer, said to be the equal of Lilith (when he had his heart). And yet, when John went into Sinister Albion, he met Prince Gaylord who was "the other son of the devil begotten in hell" and claimed that Merlin is evil but limited by his humanity.
Later on the elf Morgan can See what Merlin couldn't as she was a elf while Merlin was only half-human.

So my question is : the son of the Devil and a human is already powerful enough. How powerful would the child of the devil and something else be? half-human-merlin is strong, half-elf-merlin would be even stronger. And the strongest would probably be the child of Lilith and Satan etc.

What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Satanspawn and his parents
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Something horribly, horribly powerful!

Don't know why you'd want to give Simon idea's, most of us have enough trouble sleeping at night as it is. . . . ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:16 am 

Haha :lol: , I just love the Nightside and coming up with ideas.
Just keep thinking of a timeline where I am in that world, and what I can do :D
With some really good luck, you can become unbelievably powerful, simply by going from place to place (timeline to timeline) and picking up whatever things are there to strengthen you.

Also : Which world would you want to start in? (Nightside,Deathstalker or Drood).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:25 am 
Site Admin

Well as they're all the same world.

SPOILER:

Deathstalker IS the future of the Nightside/Drood world.

Nightside would be my choice, but you'd have to be very heavily prepped (or very lucky) or you'd last to about the end of the first street. So I guess, obtain (steal) some object of power from the Drood side (not normally a healthy life style choice, but the Droods aren't allowed into the Nightside). And then go to the Nightside and start to carve out a place (and maybe last to the end of the second street, I have no illusions)...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:20 pm 

"Deathstalker IS the future of the Nightside/Drood world."
True. And the Deathstalkers are the descendants of the Droods.

Which is exactly why I'd love to start as a Drood. The Madness Maze will work for me :lol: And in time, I can become ridiculously powerful.

Well, if you're gonna go on the run anyways - might as well hide out in the Nightside.
Take some steps to hide that fact that your a Drood. Or simply claim that you managed to kill a Drood and take his torc, which is why your hiding out in the Nightside.

Then you start learning stuff, magic and technology. I would love to experiment and combine the two to 'create a sum greater than its parts'.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

Thing is, if you're going to use the Maze then you need a companion or small group as the Maze effect works better with more minds.
Then it doesn't matter, you just transcend this existence into something better. I point you to the final page of the final Deathstalker book.

After that the petty concerns of this world are irrelevant...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:17 am 

Considering that I want to join magic and technology, it would be amazing if I fused with the 3 AI of Shub. But that seems a bit unrealistic ;)

But it doesn't matter ... the Maze works best on Deathstalkers. The 5 uber-espers were actually parts of Alicia Deathstalker. Im not sure how effective it will be on a Drood, but it should work pretty well considering that they are the ancestors of the Deathstalkers. Imagine - you could start using the full potential of the torc or something!

While in the beginning you aren't really that powerful, if you stay in the Maze and practice; you eventually become really strong.