It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Rumors of a Nightside movie in the works......
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:48 am 
Site Admin

killersquirrel59 wrote:
I don't know. Something about Walker always screamed Christopher Lee to me. That sheer ability at calm gravitas.

When Simon writes Walker he looks like John Steed with the voice of Sylvester Mccoy (the 7th Dr) if that helps??

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:58 am 

This'd be the problem with casting a movie that fans have a vested interest in. Too many conflicting ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:02 pm 

See, honestly I think they would do a good job with the movies as long as they don't try to shove more than one book into one movie. The text, although very descript, is not time consuming like Eragon or the Lord of the Rings books were. Nightside is a quick and fascinating read, and I think it would make a fantastic movie. Hopefully, this comment doesn't bother anyone, but I personally imagine John Taylor looking like Clive Owen in my head, just the smart-ass smiles and all seem to fit quite nicely, which means I really think that a movie would be interesting, at the least. I'd like to see the concepts, especially for Dead Boy and Eddie, just for the sake of seeing how everyone else views them. Again, it's just up to the uh new creator, if you will, to expresss the story and characters properly instead of focusing on drawing in all of society rather than the current fanbase. However, the books would be better, in my opinion, because of the random jokes within the narration that would have to be left out in the movie, even with a narrator. But still, a movie wouldn't be bad, like it was for so many other books-to-movies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:07 pm 

Steve wrote:
killersquirrel59 wrote:
I don't know. Something about Walker always screamed Christopher Lee to me. That sheer ability at calm gravitas.

When Simon writes Walker he looks like John Steed with the voice of Sylvester Mccoy (the 7th Dr) if that helps??

Its funny, iv listen to the entire Nightside series on audio, and maybe its the way Mark Vitor dose the voice, but I always pictured Walker looking a little like Marcus Brody from Indiana Jones, sadly the actor is long passed away. But the looks seems right.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 am 

You might look at me funny when I say this, but I've always pictured Daniel Craig as walker. He just pulls off that "city gent" type to me very well, while remaining a bad ass. and even more odd, I always see Hugh Jackman as John Taylor.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:06 am 

ocarlisle wrote:
You might look at me funny when I say this, but I've always pictured Daniel Craig as walker. He just pulls off that "city gent" type to me very well, while remaining a bad ass. and even more odd, I always see Hugh Jackman as John Taylor.

So by that thought you have Walker and John Taylor the same age?
An Australian-American Taylor doesn't quite seem to work and it would make as much sense as the Highlander casting where the Scotsman was French, The Spaniard was Scottish and the Russian was American.