It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: The nightside series
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:52 am 

During the Lility war, Merlin was awaken. It was also discovered that Alex the bartender for stranger fellows was not related to Merlin. I am reading A hard day's night and now Alex is related to Merlin. HELP did I miss something? :?

Bike Von

Post subject: Re: The nightside series
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:15 am 

I was under the impression that Alex was always related, hence the curse of watching over Merlin in the bar in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:04 pm 

During one of Merlin's walkabouts (I think it was in the 4th book, Hex and the City), Alex found out he was not related to Arthur Pendragon as he believed before, and was instead descended from Merlin. I'm curious how Alex's geas to stay in the bar will be affected after the events of the 11th book...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:15 pm 

Thanxs for clearing up the Merlin/Arthur question. At least I was in correct place -- Camelot :) I do most of my "reading" via audio. I am one of those people you see with ear bubs attached to their ears.
Currently, I am listening to Ghost Of A Chance by Simon Green. I am enjoying it and cannot wait until Ghost Of A Smile is released.

Hey another question. When Taylor discovered he was the cause to the desolation of Nightside, Sally Shooter’s face (yea and arm) were mangled, right? At one point she not only need plastic surgery but a gym membership, and a healthy diet too. I just finished a Hard Day’s Night. I got the distinct impression that Taylor’s Sally was looking real good. Did I miss something?

P.S. I am open to any suggesstions for other good books/authors along this same type.

Bike Von

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:39 am 

I have not yet read A Hard Day's Knight, so I can't speak to any new information concerning Alex's heritage, but at the end of the Lilith War, it was discovered that he was not actually the descendant of Arthur Pendragon as he had previously believed, but of Merlin himself. He is not actually under a geas to operate Strangefellows, but has decided to continue to operate the bar because, after contemplation, he figures that it is really the only thing he knows how to do.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]