It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: origin stories
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:28 pm 

I just realised that we've had the origin story of Larry Oblivion (well, how he became a zombie), that of Tommy (it's explained how he gets his power in The Good, The Bad and The Uncanny), so that means that the only Oblivion one we're missing is Hadleigh's.

I don't know about you lot, but I'd love to find out what happened to him that made him do what he did to become what he is now (yes I'm trying to keep this spoiler free!).

Post subject: Re: origin stories
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:04 pm 

Yeah me too. It's explained that the title of "Walker" is the official agent of The Authorities to keep the peace in the Nightside. But to what end does "The Detective Inspectre" title accomplish? Is he just an agent of whatever ends "The Deep School" wants to accomplish, or is there a larger purpose to what he does?

Patiently staying tuned to find out more, maybe a spinoff series?

Please?

Pretty please? :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:42 pm 

I would NOT object to Hadleigh having his own series.

But the entire ex-Walker thing isn't the whole of it. There's some hints to Hadleigh's past in The Good, The Bad and The Uncanny (I won't say more because this isn't a spoilers thread), and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to find out more.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hilde wrote:
I would NOT object to Hadleigh having his own series.

But the entire ex-Walker thing isn't the whole of it. There's some hints to Hadleigh's past in The Good, The Bad and The Uncanny (I won't say more because this isn't a spoilers thread), and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to find out more.

Just for you, I've suggested to Simon that he tried to include some of Hedleigh's back story in Night Fall. I'll let you know if it makes the cut...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:41 am 

Yay, thank you so much! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:18 pm 

Thinking laterally, Hadleigh (or by proxy The Deep School) could be the cause for the Droods to invade the Nightside. He already tried to kidnap Eddie in "Property of a Lady Faire", so I could easily see him succeeding with another Drood at which point they invade the Nightside to get them back (and put a stop to The Deep School permanently). Could be an interesting premise!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 pm 

At this sort of thing part of me goes: YUSH HADLEIGH
But another part of me goes: I hope he doesn't kill Hadleigh.

FIY, my husband & friends are all unsure whether they like SRG atm, because when the 12 Nightside book was about to come out, I said "OMG I hope he doesn't kill Julien!" at many random points. And now I'm doing it again, sort of, as now it's OMG I hope he doesn't kill Julien or Hadleigh!

Somehow I don't think that the Deep School is the main issue, because if they wanted to close the Dark Academy, they could just go there and bypass the Nightside, as you have to go off the beaten path over the forbidden paths to even get to it. I think they're just really fed up with the Nightside in general, and then the question remains, will the detective inspectre bother to interfere? Because if it's not a matter of reality itself being threatened he might not bother. Then again, his parents and brothers still live there, so he may feel responsible to try to keep them safe. I don't know.
In any ase, I bet he'll be pretty high on Eddie's hitlist on general principle.

And you never know, the London Knights may still side with the Nightside, they have reasons to do so (I refer to Nightside book 12, as this is not a spoilers thread).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hilde wrote:

Simon and were talking the other night. I was trying to get some idea on who was going to die in Night Fall (it's going to be a blood bath, I keep being told).

We kicked around the idea of a running a pole on here, where people could vote on who lives and who dies. It didn't fly though, as the characters that wouldn't be on the list would give clues to the plot (and we all know hew much Simon hates to give things away before the book arrives).

But in the end I convinced him that it was a really bad idea because if Hadleigh made it onto the kill list there would be no where in the world to hide that Hilde wouldn't find him :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:46 pm 

Whilst it amuses me that you guy used me as a way not to kill of Hadleigh (much appreciated though) I wouldn't do much other than sulk, grouch and vehemently complain.
I leave the crazy fan antics to others :)

Seriously the worst I'd do is NOT bring him really nice diabetics proof Belgian chocolate if I'm ever at the same event as him :P

That said, I wouldn't much like a poll like that either, it'll take part of the fun out of reading :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:11 pm 

Steve wrote:
Hilde wrote:

Simon and were talking the other night. I was trying to get some idea on who was going to die in Night Fall (it's going to be a blood bath, I keep being told).

I hope not worse than Deathstalker Destiny... that was a great, but very sad book and I am still very angry about Kid Death!