It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Who could have done it? SPOILER WARNING
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:49 am 

A discussion "For Heaven's Eyes Only"! And for people who have read the final chapter, "All that remains"... what do you think happened? Is it possible that the Droods were attacked, but left to another dimension to regroup? And if they are truly annihilated like the Immortals, who do you think could have done it?
I can think of two or three main antagonistic forces.
The first thought, when I saw the carnage, was Ethel. Ammonia said that the inter-dimensional traveler may have her own hidden agenda, unknown to us. Surely she would have the power to slaughter the Droods, as she provides them with torcs. But she was always so benevolent to them? Why she would attack them?
The second possible choice is The Heart, if there are more remnants of it. I confess, the question here is whether its torcs can work if it is no more. If yes, there is no need for the Heart to be behind the attack, as my other likely killer is Grendel Rex, the being from Tungusia. He would have the power of sudden and vicious attack of such proportions.
I want also to address something a suspicion of mine. I think that the Deathstalkers are descendants of William and Ammonia. Because she is VomAcht, like Giles. So the Droods may truly be wiped out and Eddie and Molly might be gone in the next book, too, who knows... :(

But, enough from me. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Who could have done it? SPOILER WARNING
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:08 am 
Site Admin

I don't think it was Ethel, for the simple reason that in that last chapter there are described Droods in their armour dead. If Ethel were to turn on them she would surely just remove their armour and then kill them ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:45 am 

It was mentioned that the armor has fused with them, in some way. Maybe Ethel used it as a weapon, if it is it. And likely, it isn't... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:22 pm 

I don't think it was Ethel either. And I think that if it were her, she would have literally killed _all_ the Droods with a torc, so that means Eddie as well.

I think Walker may be involved some way or other, or maybe even Eddie's parents. Who knows. I'm looking forward to finding out in the next couple of novels :)
Heck, it could even have been the infamous (or it that legendary? :D) Louisa Metcalf :) She might feel like the Droods are at fault for what happened to Isabella.

If Eddie and/or Molly got killed I'd be SO upset. I love those characters, I don't want to see them gone. I really hope that some Droods managed to get out somehow, especially the Armourer and the librarian, those are awesome characters.

You know, actually, I wouldn't even exclude the elves! Remember how they totally invaded the Nightside and they had to get the London Knights in to stop them? They could have invaded the Drood home as well. Especially seeing they'd have a bone to pick with the Droods over the Sundered Lands I'm sure.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:29 pm 

"There's a traitor in your family"...

Ammonia warned him, and the conspiracy kept saying that the traitor was supplying them with information, and eventually strange matter bullets. Good read, it leaves me wanting more!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:50 am 

Well there is that, it could be another big group that hasn't been mentioned yet operating behind the screens.
At least it's something to look forward to in the next books: what happend to the Droods :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am 

I haven't though about the Elves, but I don't that its them. If they are the killers, Eddie will destroy them :lol: , and we need them in "Shadows Fall".
It could be the Devil, I guess, but how, I don't know how.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:57 pm 

Well most Elves are gone already thanks to the actions of John Taylor.
Actually, if the events of A Hard Day's Knight coincide with the destruction of Drood Hall then I still see the elves as possible suspects.
If the destruction of Drood Hall happened after then I don't see them being the culprits at all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:54 am 

Maybe Queen Mab did it, but she is dead now. Eddie will be furious :lol:
But I am not sure that the Elves has that much power. While a powerful denizen of Hell...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:48 pm 

Maybe they rampaged at Drood hall before going to the Nightside.