It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Carnacki Institute - Tales/Cases from ...(An Idea forward)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:16 am 

Hi All,
To me the Ghost Finders has always seem like Torchwood to Doctor Who.

An ode to Nightside and Secret Histories. But at the same time, showing us the so called blue collar workers / working stiffs of this rich lorverse.

What better way to go forth with expanding as well as continuing the Carnacki Institute journey now then if Simon Green could allow other writers, especially new writers, to write their own short stories/cases set in this universe. With Simon as the editor.

Would love to see more Carnacki Institute by Simon but also by others writers.

Even more then Nightside, the Carnacki Institute is really a perfect setup for a whole fan base of loosely connected but independent stories.

What you guys think? Also does Simon read this forums? I just finished Forces from Beyond (my review is on Amazon) and need more.... :D

Post subject: Re: Carnacki Institute - Tales/Cases from ...(An Idea forwar
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hi there,

It's a great idea (Simon does read the forum, but tends not to contribute that much).

At the moment shared world collections are not that easy to get off the ground due to many, many copyright issues. But fanfic with the right nods is fine.

I'm sorry to say that there will be no more GF's after book 6. The publisher doesn't want any more and Simon wants to move on to other projects.
The only chance for more would be if the movie sells stupidly well in the US when it's released. Then, I'm sure the accountants that run everything these days, will suddenly decide that a few more might not be such a bad idea after all ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:11 am 

ic Steve,
Will be sad to see the Carnacki Institute go.

For me, there is some sort of allure associated with institutes/books like this.

And Simon does it so well. So very well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:57 am 
Site Admin

I can see the Institute appearing in other work, you know what Simon's like for dropping things in!

The GF sort of went off in a direction that Simon wasn't planning, it was supposed to be horror but took on a life of it's own.

Once Judas Ghost is released in the US we'll see what that does to the sales of the books...