It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Specific Short Story
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:06 pm 

I few years ago I borrowed a book of short stories from the library with one of Simon's stories in it. I placed over a few of the others and enjoyed a fantasy one, taking place in a city. One of the story elements I remember is the main character was investigating something, I believe a death, and they ended up at a hotel. There they found either a small girl or animated doll had dealt with the criminal at hand. I know its not a lot to go on but I was hoping someone here would know white collection it came from, or the author. I'm not sure if the story tied into a larger series but if so I was hoping to looking at some of their other work. Thank you, I apologize for such little information

Post subject: Re: Specific Short Story
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:28 am 

I can't answer your query directly, but if you read the reviews of some of these, some reviews list every short story and it may just jog your memory.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_3 ... =341678031

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oz-Reimagined-Tales-Emerald-Beyond-ebook/dp/B009VJYJ5I/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1446888432&sr=1-1&keywords=oz+reimagined

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

If in doubt, go the source.... I sent the post to Simon, unfortunately the reply doesn't help you at all!!

There you go;

'Sorry, it’s not one of mine, and it doesn’t ring a bell for me. Reminds me a bit of that Buffy story, with the demon-inhabited ventriloquist’s dummy... '

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:00 pm 

Oh I know which Buffy episode he's talking about!
Wasn't the dummy a demon hunter though? I sort of remember the dummy was the good guy.