It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Where is this ‘JESUS AND SATAN GO JOGGING IN THE DESERT’
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:22 pm 

Apparently back on September 1 we got a little tease from this web-site stating:

"Just submitted and accepted by Christopher Golden for an anthology THE MONSTER’S CORNER, to be published some time in 2011 is a story entitled ‘JESUS AND SATAN GO JOGGING IN THE DESERT’."

Is there any more information about this anthology anywhere? I just wondered.

-SP

Post subject: Re: Where is this ‘JESUS AND SATAN GO JOGGING IN THE DESERT
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:33 am 
Site Admin

I don't have anything on this beyond an email from Chris Golden to Simon saying the story has been accepted and will be in the collection.
Simon should get a nod when the publisher (whoever that is) sets a print date, which will in turn give a street date.
I'll post all that when it gets here.

Simon came up with the idea while at the Worldcon in La a few years back and it's grown over time.

He has explained the outline to me and I've always said that no one would ever publish it :!: Just goes to show what I know :o

Just while we're on shorts.
There will be 3 more next year. 2 Nightside's (not staring JT, but one will strongly feature Dead Boy) and, in a first, a new Deathstalker short story. . .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:57 pm 

Did you just say Deathstalker? Like in, more Deathstalker... Yes please:)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:21 pm 

ummmm, steve.....? where and when should i be looking for this new deathstalker short?? i really belive you should post these issues somewhere on the main page because they, (and especially this one), are those little tidbits that everybody wants to know about!!! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

Nowhere yet. Simon's not written it!

It will be out this year, I believe he's starting it at the beginning of next month.

As soon as it's finished and accepted I'll post the details on the main page news section. (I may have been a little previous in talking about, sorry :oops: )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:50 pm 

great, thanks! really looking forward to it :D btw, on somewhat of a side note, wouldn't it be interesting if owen and hazel somehow end up in shadows fall? i mean thats where every body goes eventually, right? i dont remember which post it was but one of our members questioned where in the chronology of the "SRG universe" shadows fall would fall, i believe the reply was that it's probably at the end. and when darth asked "even at the end of deathstalker?" the answer was a vague yes... and since taylor has access to shadows fall, and the time circlet from the collector (by way of walker), wouldn't that make for an interesting little story? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:38 am 
Site Admin

Well, technically (and I use that term very loosely where Simon's work is concerned), Shadowsfall is where legends go when the world no longer believe in them. I've always taken that to mean legends from the written word (like the goat and the bear ect).

As Owen and Hazel are 'real', in the context of Simon's mulitverse I'd think no. But I've just remembered that a certain musician was in Shadowsfall and he was real... Oh I don't know. . .

I'm seeing Simon this week I'll ask him, but don't hold your breath for answer that makes any sense. I've asked these things before and had the cryptic reply 'Well, yes... and No'. (see what I have to put up with !)...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:53 am 

i think that shadows fall has somehow evolved from simon's original creation ;) it seems its now akin to a purgatory of sorts for any and all "legends, heroes, villians, etc." could be that owen, hazel, (and even the wolfling), could end up there eventually... i'm suprised dennis hopper and george carlin haven't made an appearance 8-) they'd fit right in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 pm 

Quote:
As Owen and Hazel are 'real', in the context of Simon's mulitverse I'd think no.

So the Deathstalker universe is not connected to the rest of the works of Mr. Green?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Oh dear me yes!

Everything is connected to everything (just ask the Bear and Sea Goat !).

What I was trying to say, but not getting there, was that Shadsfall was for Legends rather than 'real people' (if you follow the logic there?).

But I realized after that was wrong. . .

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next