It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Judas Ghost announcement.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 am 

I think anime destroys everything it touches (apart from The Matrix).

But that's just me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:05 am 

Luc wrote:
I think anime destroys everything it touches (apart from The Matrix).

But that's just me.

Not a big fan, myself, but I think that it will work good in the Deathstalker. Anime tends to portray gory scenes well (there was a Highlander anime movie and it was great), while in motion picture the gore scenes from the series will be unwatchable. You may censor them, but this will turn the eventual movie into a Star Wars rip-off, with light and cheery art.
I don't like the blocky animation of some western cartoons...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:43 pm 

I don't see how the gore scenes would be unwatchable. (FYI, I am a big fan of Hellraiser.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:50 am 

Luc wrote:
I don't see how the gore scenes would be unwatchable. (FYI, I am a big fan of Hellraiser.)

If the gore level is like in Hellraiser, the audience will be limited IMO. Even in the world of horror movies, Hellraiser is a bit too much.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:56 am 

Really?

I would say that things like Hostel and Saw have largely desensitised people to copious amounts of gore.

The fact that there are now a million (give or take) Saw movies shows that people don't mind the gore.

It is even moving into non-horror stuff, such as Game of Thrones.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:05 pm 

I just watched a week old episode of The Walking Dead last night, which is a show on the US network AMC about a group of people trying to survive in a post-zombie apocalypse world (based on a graphic novel, ironically). One of the characters was walking the perimeter of the farm the group is staying at, and came across a cow that was ripped open stem to stern, bloody guts all over the ground. It was at that point a zombie attacked him, and ended up eviscerating the poor guy before the group put him down out of mercy.

Now, prior to watching this series, I always though of AMC as pretty tame. Even so far the most you really see is blood splatters when a zombie is shot or when a survivor gets bitten by one of the zombies. It is cable television, admittedly, but the amount of gore between the cow and the guy the zombie attacked surprised me. So yes, I agree with Luc that the public audience in general may be more desensitized (it's spelled with a z you silly brit! :D ) to higher gore levels, but it still turns my stomach somewhat. (note: I'm not a fan of the horror genre, and movies like Saw turn me off to them even more)

Putting that aside, to me there's a difference between "gore" (severed body parts and the like) and "buckets of blood" (see Army of Darkness or anything by Quentin Tarantino). I'm ok with the buckets of blood approach, which aside from ghost girl is all we've seen so far. But if guts start pouring out of someone like in the opening of the movie Ghost Ship I might get a little squeamish.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:47 am 

Having been one of the lucky few to get to the visit the set i think this is going to fabulous. The people involved all seem to understand how Simon thinks....(not sure that's entirely good for them) and are intent on putting on a great version.
I cannot wait to see this on the big screen...oh please!!! let this get a theatrical release!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:44 am 

Alyindar wrote:
Putting that aside, to me there's a difference between "gore" (severed body parts and the like) and "buckets of blood" (see Army of Darkness or anything by Quentin Tarantino). I'm ok with the buckets of blood approach, which aside from ghost girl is all we've seen so far. But if guts start pouring out of someone like in the opening of the movie Ghost Ship I might get a little squeamish.

This. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:00 am 

Ghost Ship was a great B-movie!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:12 pm 

Oh, dear...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next