It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Only one new book in 2016?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:27 pm 

Usually Simon R. Green publishes at least two books per year, usually three. However, this year I noticed that only Dr. Doa is scheduled for release. This surprises me as I expected at least the second Ishmael Jones novel. Also, given the success of the new Star Wars movie I reckoned that there might be a new Deathstalker series coming. Is everything OK?

Post subject: Re: Only one new book in 2016?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Everything is fine. Simon is writing like there's no tomorrow!

Don't know what's wrong with the publishers at the moment. Apart from Penguin in the US have had a 'night of the long knives'! and a lot of staff have been 'let go' cough, cough. So I guess there's no one there now to actually do the work!

There will be a new Ishmael Jones novel, if fact they'll be 2! Simon finished one early last year and has just sent in a third to his agent. But the publisher is a small UK company and they don't do things as fast as the US corp boys do. There also a chance that there might be 3 more Ishmael Jones books... people are talking.

Lets set the Deathstalker 'thing' to rest. There will be no more.
Simon floated an idea, the publisher said 'No, don't want any more'. That's it. (Unless they change their minds.)
Publishers are now run by accountants. The Deathstalker Returns series didn't make them the $$ that they expected, so that's the end of the story. Harsh, I know, I'm sorry, I know lots of people want a new one. But there's nothing that can be done at this end :(

Simon is working on the final Secret History books and a new project.
There nothing I can say about it apart from the working title 'Tear Down the Stars'. . .

Post subject: Re: Only one new book in 2016?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm 

Hi, thanks for the answer. Good to hear that there will be more Ishmael Jones. The situation with British publishers reminds me of Bulgarian ones, here we have exactly one publisher who announces their plan for the year and it is not really a Bulgarian one /a branch of an international publisher/.
I know about Deathstalker, but I hope that the publishers change their mind! Stupid accountants!
I am also excited by the new project and, of course, about the final SH novel. Best of luck to you!