It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shaun. New member.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:03 pm 

Hey guys,

Just came here to introduce myself.

I first read Deathstalker, the first book, sometime in 2007 when my friend introduced it to me.

It was so compelling that I finished the entire book within a few days. From there I picked up the entire Deathstalker series and finished it within a few short months. Thereafter I devoured the Nightside series and the Eddie Drood series - I really did love the Drood series, I found a lot of similarities in how the Droods just crushed their enemies, just as how the heroes in the Deathstalker series did.

I actually borrowed Hawk & Fisher but never got into it, somehow.

Anyway, once done with that SRG binge, I actually took a break for a while, dived into some Terry Pratchett's Discworld and whatnot.

I started reading the Drood series just last year ago, because I stopped at From Hell With Love, For Heaven's Eyes Only had not been released yet when I was reading the Drood series. Having found out last year that SRG had released not just For Heaven's Eyes Only but a lot more, I devoured the entire Drood series again from scratch, then just started on Deathstalker series again.

How fast did I devour it?

Well, I started on Deathstalker about 2 weeks ago, and now I've just finished Deathstalker Coda. It blew my mind - I never connected a certain character from Deathstalker Coda with the Secret Histories series.

I'm not sure what I'm doing here either, suffice to say SRG's books are so good that it leaves me wanting more. I actually wish that I could meet the blessed Owen and talk to him. I want to see him in action, I want to live the books.

Well, I guess I'll settle for buying every single one of SRG's books and reading and re-reading them every few years again.

Does anyone know when SRG's next book signing will be? I'm based in the UK if that makes things easier.

Post subject: Re: Shaun. New member.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:07 am 
Site Admin

Hi Silvire,

Nice to have you on board :)

The next book will be the penultimate SH, Moon Breaker. Simon has just handed in the MS. So we don't have a street date as yet, but I'd think sometime first half of next year.

Being the UK makes getting Simon's books hard!! Because he doesn't have a UK publisher for hard copy (Jo Fletcher books do most of the titles in E book).
You'd need to order from somewhere like Forbidden Planet and get the US import.

We sometimes get a few books we can send out from here. If we get any of Moon Breaker I'll be posting the info here.

Post subject: Re: Shaun. New member.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 am 

Hi Shaun and Steve.