It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Favorite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:07 pm 

Hi!
Just wanted to say, in addition to Tolkein, sorry if I misspelled it, Simon R. Green is my favorite author! The first book I have ever read of his was Shadows Fall and it was something quite different than anything I have ever read. I then got into deathstalker which was like StarWars on Steroids! I love it. Everything else of his, I have been collecting and love as well! So thanks! I love Hawk and Fisher and Blue moon and the night side and secret histories. I am getting in the mail the ghost series and cant wait to see how that is. Thanks again!

Post subject: Re: Favorite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:18 am 

Welcome to the site! I am currently re-reading "Shadows Fall" at the moment, actually--I often re-read his (and other) books. I read quite voraciously and, not being a billionaire, I can't support my habit any other way. It's not that bad, actually--I get to pick up details I might have missed the first time round and often Simon will throw in correlations in later books; you can pick up a lot of interweavings and connections that way. The Nightside is truly my first love of his worlds; I don't know much about the Deathstalker books. I have read the Secret Histories series, however, and "Ghost of a Chance". There are others on here, however, who are more than happy to discuss the Deathstalker series with you ad infinitum.

And the administrator of the site, Steve, is truly a nice guy, one of the best. He makes frequent announcements and has even managed to distribute personalized books signed by Simon in the past.

But let me be the first to say: Welcome!

Post subject: Re: Favorite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:15 pm 

Simon R. Green is an amazing author. Recently, I have been trough some really bad things and one of the brightest spots in my day is when I read a novel by SRG; even when I am saddest, a book about the Deathstalker, or the Nightside, or the Blue Moon can cheer me up.
Thumbs up, Simon R. Green!