It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just Surfin' The Galactic Groove...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:40 am 

My, but this is a quiet lil' forum...

Just crickets, and rollin' tumbleweeds in here...

Nevertheless, I'm gonna' jump in this itty-bitty pond, and splash around a bit. Hopefully some of you will come and join me in the deep end. But beware, I skinnydip... ;)

I'm from the American Mountain West, out Utah way. Please, no polygamy jokes. They're just plain stale like week old bread. If I want a harem, I'll do it the old fashioned way and open a bordello just across the border in Nevada. Dig?

Who am I? What do I do? What tickles my taint, and pops my weasel? Meh. Let's dispense with the banalities of life. Suffice to say, I fancy myself a frustrated amateur writer, and leave it at that.

I have long loved SRG, from back in the Hawk And Fisher days of yore, and thus have been devouring his tomes, pulpy and maniacal though they may be, for nigh on 20 years now.

I can't exactly remember how I got turned on to his script, but I think it was some cute counter girl at the local book barn that suggested him when I was picking up the latest installment of Robert Aspirin's Myth Series, way back in the day.

Today, I'm always waiting with bated breath for something new to burst out of his feted synapses. He and Jim Butcher's Dresden Files keep me happy with new material, and envious of their all too apparent talents.

I'm also a literary maven from the great golden age of pulp fiction, sci-fi, detective, adventure, horror, or otherwise; Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E. Howard, H.P. Lovecraft. etceteras. Not to mention, nor to forget a rolodex full of other authors that inspire me to tap out my meager prose.

Anywho...

Nice to find like minds to play with...hopefully.

I have to say, :mrgreen: Simon, it's about bloody time you got your dithering ducks in a row, and threw up your own site! It's the 21st century, bro. Pleased to see you finally got on the sticky wicket, and joined us in the clear and present danger of the future. :D

However, it's not like you have to tweet every two seconds telling us you chipped a nail scratching your ass (arse! :P,) or when the yeast infection has clear up like some skanky wanna-be mob moll on that insipid Jersey Shore... But I digress.

So... Yeah...

Peace and Plenty, Ya'll. 8-)

Slick Jimmy Has Left The Building...

Last edited by Slick-Jimmy on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Just Surfin' The Galactic Groove...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jimmy, and welcome.

Yes, we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment, but the sites only been live for 4 weeks and I don't think the words out there yet ! (at least I hope that's the reason!!)...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:36 am 

It would be nice if this place would get as lively as the Butcher Boards. I truly enjoy SRG's work, and hope he gets his fans as rabidly following his site as do Jim's, as well as other authors.

Sell some Hawk n' Fisher t-shirts or something. Can you still get license to Luis Royo's art? Sell some signed poster prints. Maybe simon can get some of his actress friends to dress up as some of his more risque heroines or villainesses (<-- Is that a word? Well it is now!) and do a provocative photo shoot with sword and guns. Everybody like women with weapons! Well, at least I do...

I've always thought that the Deathstalker Saga would be great as a very cinematic TV series, but the ribald and raucous ride would definitely have to be one HBO or Showtime, with all that blood, guts, sex; oh my!

SyFy would never have the balls to attempt it. They bailed on the Dresden Files before it even had a chance to take root.

The Nightside would be killer too. Who knew the flip side off ol' London town was wilder than a cranked up ecstasy-acid trip floating in a fifth of Everclear, eh?

Good times. ;)

Is there a discussion about this subject yet posted?

If not, I think I'll start one.

Another thing, ya'll need to set up a Strangefellows Pub Forum or something, just as place to talk about whatever... Respectfully, of course.

Just another random thought banging around in my head like a stray electron.

Elan and Excelsior!

Jimmy Out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

There's a film company called Celtic Rose that have bought the right to make the Nightside movie. I've seen some concept art from them and it looks really nice. Just waiting for something to happen !

We're looking at some products at the moment, but it take a while to set up and we'll need a larger base to move that forward.

I do like the idea of a Strangefellows section. I'll work on that.

There is a section for site suggestions, but there's nothing in it, which mean either the site perfect (which I very much doubt), or no one can think of anything yet !!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:54 pm 

i like your style, jimmy-me-lad! ;) sorry was thinking of a pirate again... anyway, i definately look forward to do whatever i can to help this little site roll out of the nest and take wing. so to speak. i agree with your approach and definately think that a strangefellows common room should be added, if only to say that we have one! like possibly at the login screen. similiar to whatever would compromise the site's portal screen. maye a big banner saying "hello and welcome to strangefellows, how may i ignore you today?", or something. something to add a bit of the good ole home feeling just as you login 8-) and i would love to see some cover art splashed around, maye something akin to shadows fall, or possibly even the parade of the endless. is there any art for that? i can imagine so much from just the parade alone. unfortunately, my drawings usually turn out looking like a blind tortoise bumped into a paint can and then haphazardly stumbled his (or her) way across a perfectly clean canvas... but its all in the trying or so they say. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]