It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Thing (2011)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:41 pm 

I watched it on Friday and I am very pleased. It is not as atmospheric as the original, but still captures its desperate, haunted feel. It also has great action scenes and great visuals. The monster is super ghastly.
Any other opinions?

Post subject: Re: The Thing (2011)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:55 pm 

I'm still looking for someone to go see it with. My husband still suffers childhood traumas from the original so I don't have to count on him X_x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:45 pm 

Hilde wrote:
I'm still looking for someone to go see it with. My husband still suffers childhood traumas from the original so I don't have to count on him X_x

Haha, the original was scary and the new one is chilling too. I was alone in the theater - can you imagine? It was a disturbing experience...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:02 pm 

Surely it's better to be alone in the theatre. Think about the situation if it were full. Sure, you might trust your husband, or your best friend, but what about all the anonymous people in there. Are you sure they're all who they look like? How about the projectionist? All alone up there on his own, would you ever notice if he was replaced? Once he clicks play, it runs happily along on its own. If something ate and replaced him, you wouldn't even have the film clicking around to warn you.

And are you sure all of your friends have been together since you got there? No one wandered off to the toilet, or to grab some popcorn? Have they gone everywhere in at least pairs? Do they still bleed red? Do they still die? Maybe you should find out...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:25 pm 

... you disturb the hell out of me sometimes Kingfisher. That's it buddy, you're cut off. *takes away the brandy bottle*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:40 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:08 pm 

I have watched this movie. But i don't like this movie as i was expecting from this movie. I will give 6/10 to this movie. This movie got mix review.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]