It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Asian Films
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 am 

He always does that, it's why I have a separate bag for him, so the rest of you lot still has some too ;)

Anyway, thanks for that recipe Luc, I find that something called melon bread looks rather lemony ingredients wise. Of course, I was half planning on pouring melon juice in the bread machine instead of water. It's how I make green tea bread you see and it's always very nice. Ergo: this trick must work for most things.
A pal of mine substituted water with coconut juice and that bread was delish :)

We do have bakeries in Belgium mind, we just like mucking about with a bread machine :) It beats standing in a queue for AGES because everyone in front of you insists on telling their life story and stand there yapping for ages.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:45 pm 

I have a Viking recipe book. That's fun.

Not much to do with Asia or films, though...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:46 pm 

Melon bread is so named because the top looks like a melon, apparently.

Has anyone else seen 'I'm a cyborg but that's okay'? Its a very sweet little korean film.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

*snaffles cookies out of other bag whilst everyone is distracted thinking about the question*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:38 pm 

smaug wrote:
Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Castaway on the Moon is an awesome Korean drama/romance/comedy that is a blatant rip off of the Tom Hanks Castaway movie at times(but is so much better) it's amazing none the less.
I also enjoyed The Host and off course the Vengeance Trilogy is simply fantastic but if you haven't seen watch Lady Vengeance, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, and then Oldboy in that order in my opinion because even though they are all really good Oldboy is just head and shoulders above the rest and you may be disappointed with the others if you are expecting the same level of awesomeness. In fact Chan-wook Park is just pretty amazing. Then Steven Chow has a couple of hilarious movies Shaolin Soccer and Kung-Fu Hustle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 pm 

Hilde wrote:
He always does that, it's why I have a separate bag for him, so the rest of you lot still has some too ;)

Anyway, thanks for that recipe Luc, I find that something called melon bread looks rather lemony ingredients wise. Of course, I was half planning on pouring melon juice in the bread machine instead of water. It's how I make green tea bread you see and it's always very nice. Ergo: this trick must work for most things.
A pal of mine substituted water with coconut juice and that bread was delish :)

We do have bakeries in Belgium mind, we just like mucking about with a bread machine :) It beats standing in a queue for AGES because everyone in front of you insists on telling their life story and stand there yapping for ages.

Mmmmm, bread machines...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:02 pm 

Yes well done stealing out of your own bag Smaug.
Honestly :P

I liked Infernal Affairs (far better than the Hollywood remake), The Twins Effect, Battle Royale and the Chinese Ghost Story 1 and 2 :)

I still want to see The Good, the Bad and the Weird. Totally want to see that movie.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:35 am 

I had to steal out of my own bag, you didn't notice but I'd already finished the other bag off :o

I have a copy of The Good The Bad The Wierd, I didn't like it as much as I expected too, but I was very tired when I watched it. When I finally get a chance to watch it again I may be ready to give it away - but don't wait on me, I already have about 10 other films I got around christmas I haven't watched yet, including Detective Dee, which I really really want to watch! :roll: Oh yes, and the first two series of Supernatural and six feet under.

My film watching to buying is about as bad as my book reading to buying ...oh, look, shiney! must have! what do you mean I have no time???

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 pm 

*takes the bag of cookies back* bad Smaug! Learn to share! :P

You know what other Asian movie I really liked: Kamikaze Girls. I hadn't thought of that in joinks 'till a friend of mine mentioned it whilst we were wandering around the Made in Asia convention.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:06 am 

Still no sign of Rurouni Kenshin in the west :cry: but I did manage to pick up Little Big Soldier and Monkey Magic! (the new one!) at a local market which had a nice selection of Asian DVDs... I'm now upto 18 unwatched *sigh*

Oh! I have Death Note (the film) too. Has anyone seen it/the anime/read the manga ... ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:24 pm 

I've seen a couple of episodes of the Death Note anime but not enough to really be able to follow the story I'm afraid.
I'm also awaiting Kenshin, I'd quite like to see what they made of it as I loved watching the anime on tv many years ago.

I recently saw Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl, which is not something I'd recommend. It was erm, SPESHUL. And by special I do mean a long string of what the fuckery.
It had a few funny moments but generally it was rubbish. It was so bad that I could watch it without subtitles and still get what was going on (note how my Japanese is extremely limited).

I also saw this gore movie about a high school were students were slaughtering each other due to some video game and another one about an island full of canibal vampires.

I have Japanese friends with a taste for gore movies, I wonder what I'll be subjected to next haha :)

I did recently see Ishi the Killer again, ah nostalgia :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3