It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 12:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Brave
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:31 am 

The advantage of having children is that you can go to watch movies targeted way outside the demographic you (as an individual) inhabit.

We (the family of me, the missus and the two boys) went to see Pixar's 'Brave' on Monday. The trailers made it look interesting and the little bastards (TM) were certainly not going to let a summer holiday go by without at least one trip to the cinema.

Turns out I absolutely loved it. Almost tempted to go again. Anyone else watch and enjoy?

Post subject: Re: Brave
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:50 pm 

Very much so! I'm an enormous fan of Pixar, and even their "child targeted" films like Toy Story and Cars have been enjoyable, although I enjoy the more mature stories like Wall-E and Up. We saw Brave as a family the Saturday after it came out, and then I invented a reason to convince my son to go see it again so I could watch it a second time a week later. :D "Mommy has to work late, why don't we go see a movie?"

Brave was a great film. I was worried we'd have another princess movie, and was pleasantly surprised that the story was more about self discovery and a mother-daughter relationship. And - in the interest of full disclosure - I've always been a sucker for a Scottish accent. ;) Good story, great characters, belly laughing humor, Billy Connolly - this movie had it all! I call this one a "must see".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:40 pm 

My only issue is that Hollywood seems to think that the bow is a woman's weapon.
Strong female character? Check!
In a setting without firearms? Check!
Giver her a bow!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:42 pm 

OMG I LOVED BRAVE!
*ahem*

I really did enjoy this movie.
I had to go to Antwerp to see it in English (instead of foul dubbed in Flemish) but it was totally worth it!

I also own the art book (which was a birthday present) and omg it's beautiful.

@Alyndar: UP is my favourite from Pixar, together with Monsters Inc (am I the only one that is unimpressed by the trailer for the prequel to that: Monsters University or whatever it's called btw?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:18 pm 

I hear ya, I'm worried that Disney is forcing Pixar to do another sequel like they did with Toy Story 2. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but probably won't see it on release weekend like we do with most of their films.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:10 am 

I love Brave movie. I have watched this movie 2 time and i love the 3d movie so much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 pm 

Alyindar wrote:
I hear ya, I'm worried that Disney is forcing Pixar to do another sequel like they did with Toy Story 2. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but probably won't see it on release weekend like we do with most of their films.

I actually liked Toy Story 2 but I do admit that I do so entirely because of Evil Emperor Zurg. In fact, I liked Zurg so much I am to this date still refusing to watch Toy Story 3. It doesn't have Zurg, so I'm not interested.

I'm probably not going to see Monsters University 'till it airs on the movie channel my dad has on digital tv, I'm just not that interested. In my mind it's already far inferiour to the original so yeah.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:23 am 

To be fair, Zurg had a cameo appearance in Toy Story 3, during the "happy ending" montage.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:26 pm 

Fine, I'll borrow TS3 and just watch that montage then :)