It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dr Who
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

I think the whole River Song being in prison for killing 'the best man she's ever known' is a red herring in this story. Moffet is far more devious and would never go for such an obvious out in the first ep.
By the same reasoning, I can't see the relationship between the Dr and River being as clear cut as some seem to be assuming... Even going with the title of the Neil Gaiman ep.

Also (and I can't find the ep) did River say the best man or best person? As there's a rumour about anther death at the mid season break??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:25 pm 

Pretty sure it was best man, it was at the end of "The Big Bang" after Amy's wedding. Good point though, I'll check my DVD tonight.

Just had a thought - "silence will fall" could be a play on words, with the base assumption that silence will fall on everything (such as Rory's comment at the end of "The Vampires of Venice" of hearing nothing but silence). I remember the preview for "Day of the Moon" throwing out a comment about these aliens controlling people. It's entirely possible that they've been the secret puppet masters of the world, manipulating people with the advantage that no one can remember what they did, just some inkling of what they were told (such as the one in the bathroom having Amy tell the doctor "what he needs to know"), and now that the Doctor and his companions are becoming aware of them (and cognizant of them outside of their presence), it may be that their society "will fall" as a result.

Oh no, now I'm picturing a Drood as a Silence, I hope these things don't start sprouting golden armor!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:16 pm 

It was "a very good man...the best man I've ever known" and she refuses to tell the Doctor who it was. I'm not sure what episode it was in, either, but it was repeated again in the "Doctor Who Rewind" that was shown just before the premiere of "The Impossible Astronaut".

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:47 am 

I'm just not getting into this season at all. I really want to, but I'm enjoying it less than I did the last one. There's too many "oooo ominous!" plot threads that just aren't interesting: Amy's pregnancy, the Doctor's apparent death, and what Idris said before dying in the episode "The Doctor's Wife". And I'm sure "the Silence" will make another appearance at some point, and the yawns around the world will be defeaning. I was hoping the overreaching story arc for this season would revolve around the Doctor working to find what made the TARDIS explode last season, but that's been all but ignored so far. SO FRUSTRATING! :x Hopefully the Torchwood reboot will be more interesting...

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

They do seem to be opening a whole load of plot threads and then leaving them hanging...

This whole thing of Amy seeing that woman with the eye patch through that sliding panel?? And her comment in ep 2 of something like 'Oh, its alright, she's still asleep' or something... Sort of implies this entire season is just Amy's dream !! (which would explain a lot!)...

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:46 am 

Retconning an entire season as "just a dream" would be jumping the shark at such a comic book maneuver. :( Unfortunately, that explanation would make sense of everything...

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

I really hope not too !

I think its' the mid-season break this Sat (Already!).

There's supposed to be a big cliff hanger if it is?

Just a thought. What the duplicate Dr is the one shot in ep 1???????

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:35 am 

Shhhh! BBC America needs to die, 'cause they elected not to show the new episode "The Almost People" this week... :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:15 am 
Site Admin

Sorry !!!

Removed...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next