It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dr Who
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:58 pm 

It's a tie between Tom Baker and Matt Smith for me.

They released the teaser trailer for season 7 today.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

[quote="Hilde"

They released the teaser trailer for season 7 today.[/quote]

Lots of running then... there's a surprise ! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:51 pm 

The family and I watched the new Tintin movie, and I was surprised to see Moffat in the writing credits. I may not like all the changes that Moffat has made to Doctor Who, but in hindsight I've come to appreciate quite a bit of his work.

Hey, aren't we due for a multiple Doctor episode sometime soon, especially considering the 50th anniversary looming near?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 pm 

There was a small rumour going around that the 50th was going to end up having the 9th, 10th and 11th Doctor in it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:10 pm 

Heh, Give me a Dalek any day. :D

I agree though, we are due a multiple Doctors episode soon, though they will have to get creative to make it happen. The 3 Doctors and the 5 Doctors were both done with outside Time Lord interference, If I remember correctly. It has been a REALLY long time since I saw the 3 Doctors, so I am not 100% certain on that one. The 5 Doctors was a renegade Time-lord who was scooping up the Doctors and dumping them into the Game of Rassilon because he had reached his last regeneration and had discovered that Rassilon had a way to make Time-lords truly Immortal. Thus he wanted the Doctor's smarts to figure out the way to get through the Game to the end, then swoop in to claim the prize. Be careful what you wish for...

Hmm, come to think of it, the Doctor is about to come up on his last regeneration here. 12 regenerations per time lord. Wonder how they are going to get around that one? And how they will get around the Trial of a Time-lord episode where they put the Doctor on trial because his 12th regeneration was an evil bastard? Could be they will just ignore both of them. The 12 regenerations thing could be something that was put into place by the Time-lords themselves to prevent overpopulation. Except for the fact that River Song used up all of the rest of her regenerations to save the Doctor. Which means there is a limit. Hmmmmmmmm. Of course, the Master went through several regenerations past his 12th through conniving methods, so it can be done.

I'll stop rambling now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:13 pm 

Fineous wrote:
Hmm, come to think of it, the Doctor is about to come up on his last regeneration here. 12 regenerations per time lord.

Slight correction. The 12th Doctor (next one) is the 11th regeneration. Each Time Lord has 13 versions (original birth body and 12 regenerations after that) except for the Master who went through something like 15 bodies...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:40 pm 

Yeah, that is what I meant, I just wrote it badly.

Still, looking forwards to a multiple Doctors episode if one does actually happen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:18 am 

I heard something about Gallifreyans having limitless regenerations, they just only got to have 12 because otherwise they'd overcrowd the planet in the end. I bet that's the excuse they're going to end up going with really.
As for River, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up regenerating in the end after all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:07 pm 

Don't forget that the 10th Doctor bumped into the 5th Doctor by traveling without the TARDIS' shields enabled, or something to that effect. Although by definition that was also Time Lord interference! :lol:

A 9th/10th/11th crossover would be great, but it's ignoring all the legacy of the original series. I say grab everyone who's still around and throw them into the same TARDIS, and watch the madness commence!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:15 am 

Alyindar wrote:
Don't forget that the 10th Doctor bumped into the 5th Doctor by traveling without the TARDIS' shields enabled, or something to that effect. Although by definition that was also Time Lord interference! :lol:

A 9th/10th/11th crossover would be great, but it's ignoring all the legacy of the original series. I say grab everyone who's still around and throw them into the same TARDIS, and watch the madness commence!

Heh, that's right, the children in need special. I kinda like the idea, though, of grabbing all the actors who have ever played the Doctor and throwing them together. Then they can explain the aging as being an effect of the Time-Lock that was placed on the time war, that the doctor can get around because he still exists. But not completely without consequences, hence, the aging effect.

You know. Wibbly-Wobbly-Timey-Wimey

:lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next