It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Nightside Movie.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Celic Rose has an option on the Nightside full stop.

Nothing can be done until either, the option expires or they renew or make something.
So even if Simon wanted to write the movie, at the moment, he couldn't.

The really bazaar thing is, the Nightside was written as a TV series years ago but no one wanted it, so Simon turned it into a book (which no one wanted!). The publisher took it just because they had Deathstalker and though the one book might sell a few copies . . . and here we are 12 books later.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

The option for the Nightside movie has expired.

Celtic Rose no longer have the right to make it/them.

So, if anyone wants to bid, or has connections the field is open again...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 pm 

I guess this is good news then right? On one hand, a movie/tv show is not so close to being made now, but at least Simon could get some more freedom and options in the next contract??!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:32 pm 

Actually, I think this is good news for a different reason. I really think there are some novels that just shouldn't be made into movies--whose ideas could not survive the transfer to a visual medium and this is one of them. After much thought, I really don't want to see a Nightside movie or TV series made. I'm sorry, I don't mean any disrespect, but look at the sets and beings that commonly populate these books--do you really think they'd come out well onscreen? Or at all, in some cases?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:28 pm 

Yeah i have to agree, im not sure how the characters and sets could possibly be portrayed well enough on screen. Im not sure The Nightside and its inhabitants could ever be done justice!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

A case of no movie can match the budget of your own mind.

I saw some of the concept art that Celtic Rose turned out and I'm forced to say it was really good. They had the feel about right. There was an AMAZING image of Deadboy.

We'll see, there has been one approach about the rights so far (which I can say nothing about, sorry).

As to how much involvement Simon would have, well, that's down to the contract and what the buyer wants to do.

When there was an approach for the Hawk and Fisher rights a few years ago they wanted to fly Simon to LA an co-write the script (this was for one of the big studio's). But then they changed their minds!

In the end, if someone's was to wave a cheque with telephone numbers written across it would you turn it down?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:25 am 

We-ell, I would've said about LotR, but they DID do an amazing job with it, and despite some minor quibbles, didn't cock it up too badly. I guess a lot depends on the budget you have and the vision of the director. If the director has read the books and is willing to make the movie LOOK like the books (or at least pretend to)--and no setting it in the US!--then maybe it could have a chance.

If, despite my major misgivings, a Nightside movie is made, it goes without saying that I'll support it in every way that I can--and hope.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:09 pm 

I'd love to sea the House into a movie, but a problem could be the rating of such movie. I personally would love to see a TV series like "Dr. Who" or "Torchwood" for the "Nightside" saga.
With a friend of mine we also wondered about the idea of a "Deathstalker" anime movie... could work very well IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:45 am 

Steve wrote:
Someone (I can't remember who?) suggested Mark Shepard for Walker (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0791968/).

To give you an insight into Simon mind.

When he writes Walker he looks like John Steed with the voice of Sylvester McCoy (the 7th Doctor).

So, if anyone seen the new series of Sherlock, Mark Gatiss might be a good choice ?

I think Shepard would be a better Morrisey. I think Patrick Stewart as Walker would be good. I don't picture Walker as the villian as much as a very stern father figure and Stewart plays that role well.. also, I could see Malcolm McDowell as Walker.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:42 am 

jensen ackles as John Taylor or guy pearce!!! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0010075/ and http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001602/

william fitcher as walker or mark harmon!!! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001209/
and http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001319/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next