It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Seriously Geeking Out
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:18 am 

I entered a competition a while back, to win a voucher for a sword making course.

Just found out I won. :shock:

Seriously geeking out about it, right now.

Here's where I'll be doing it: Forge of Avalon.

What gets you guys geeking out?

Post subject: Re: Seriously Geeking Out
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Wow... Just wow.

Many congratulation mate. Hope you have an amazing time.

How long are you there for? I always got the impression that forging a sword took days and days?? (just read the link, a 4 day workshop. Even more impressed now :D ).

I'm just editing a chapter with a section on sword crafting, I might need to pick your brain after you've been!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:08 am 

I know theory now. (Greatly interested in The Early Medieval period.)

Not sure when I will be going on the course. May have to wait until the new year.

You are more than free to pick my brains.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:47 pm 

That's pretty amazing! Their gallery was gorgeous to scroll through and see how the blade has developed across the centuries. I hope you have a good time!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:33 am 

Congrats Luc, hope you enjoy every minute of it and make some amazing memories as well as an amazing sword :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 am 

congrats Luc!

I geek out over a LOT of things:
Japanese artists agrees to an interview for BCM, new SRG book (especially if it may include Hadleigh), customs releasing packages (although that's a half and half, I geek out about the package, not about hte ransom I've had to pay), new CD by my fav artist (bring on end of October goddammit), steampunk stuff, Nerf releases (zombie strike OMG), Doctor Who, I'm really easily excited over geek things, to the point where it's really sad actually :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:32 pm 

I have to admit, the new Nerf Centurion looks pretty sweet.

I have a couple Nerf guns waiting for me to convert them (want to try my hand at steam punking them.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:52 pm 

Yeah but the Centurion comes with it's very own kind (of rather expensive, I mean over here it's literally € 10 for 10, whereas the N-strike is less than € 8 for 36 and the elite is € 10 for 30) ammo. Which does not bode well, because there's no telling how long they'll be making that ammo.

I did a post on The Gatehouse on repainting Nerf guns a while back.

Which guns did you get Luc?

My friends Dan and Jon picked up one of the new Zombie Strike models, The Sledgefire for me a couple of days ago, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I'm going to initially leave it unmodded because I'm doing a Nerfpunk outfit at a steampunk convention in November. After that I will no doubt curse and use a lot of bad language prying the damn thing apart.

I may get the Hammershot at some point as well. Just to do Nerf punk because I have enough brown, grey and orange in my closet to not have to do much of an effort :)
For that purpose the Hammershot would have been a better choice than the Sledgefire but I liked the look of the Sledgefire a lot better. Plus you know, it's not another blaster (as I already own a Maverick).

When I come accross a decently priced Proton I may get it after all. I really love the look of it but I've been weary of getting a Vortex model because of the ammo. It's pretty pricy over here compared with the N-strike and Elite ammos and I worry that Nerf will stop making it in a few year's time. Wheras with the other two, well they're the standard ammo so I'm not worried.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:23 am 

I have the Rough Cut and the Strongarm.

They are going to need a lot of work to get them the way I want, but should look pretty cool once done.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:18 pm 

I can recommend the Vallejo acrylics for the paint jobs, they've got lovely colours and a light drybrush with their smoke (which is like half ink half paint) over darker golds brings out this lovely copper sheen to it. I absolutely adore it myself.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next