It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Deathstalker first Empire
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:26 pm 

But I don't like Stephen King.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:18 am 

Luc wrote:
But I don't like Stephen King.

Neither do I. I enjoyed "The Mist" and "Cycle of the Werewolf", but I was bored to death with "It" and I have to admit that I don't like his style of writing. I think that Simon Green is a better and more imaginative author.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:24 pm 

really darth? im not going to challenge your opinions, but.... really?

for me stephen king is one of my favorite authors ever. suprisingly my least favorite works of his are the dark tower series :lol: but, IMO, books such as it, christine, from a buick 8, cell, hearts in atlantis, the stand, salems lot, the shining, cujo, the list goes on and on... different reading style definately, but still insanely imaginitive. he rarely makes a character i CAN'T relate to. :ugeek: sorry, book-nerd rage.... :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:04 am 

That's the thing. You relate to his characters, therefore you can enjoy his novels. I don't and I can't. I guess that it's a matter of taste.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:51 pm 

Luc wrote:
I have to admit to not really knowing much about the term 'space opera'.

As far as I'm concerned, Deathstalker is Science Fantasy. (futuristic universe featuring fantastical themes.)

I found Simon Green from reading Jim Butcher books and I really enjoyed genre (i guess urban fantasy). from those books I picked up the Drood family books and thought they were pretty cool and decided to come to this site and check it out. I originally thought the deathstalker books were fantasy and while I like some, I tend to be more of a science fiction guy. from you good folk on the forums I realized that Deathstalker was a space opera and ran out to buy it (now them). I now hold Simon in a whole new regard, because it is really really really hard to find a good space opera.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:01 am 

Nicland wrote:
I now hold Simon in a whole new regard, because it is really really really hard to find a good space opera.

Yes! That's another reason to love the Deathstalker series!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:04 pm 

I don't suppose Mr Green has considered publishing another Deathstalker book as an ebook has he? He wouldn't need a publisher for this and he could sell it through various online distributors such as Amazon for the Kindle, or the iTunes store. It would be much cheaper than a paperback book due to the printing and other costs.

I expect there may be contractual issues with the current publishers, but it is a thought for him at the least.

I for one would love for a new book. The Deathstalker universe is huge and varied in both locations and characters, so it could cover anyone or anything. I personally wouldn't mind having a book or two about Giles Deathstalker.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

There would indeed be contractual issues with the publisher.
They have first option on anything Deathstalker. And anything would have to go through them (Ace/Tor).

The chances of going to ebook alone (at the moment) are very slight. But all new books would go to 'E' much faster then the older one's. . .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:16 pm 

I think a couple of short stories would be cool. I don't really think that we necessarily a brand new set of books and btw valdearg have you read Mistworld, Hellworld and Ghostworld I know when I talk to some SRG fans around where I live they aren't aware of them and I check the bibliography and they weren't listed in there, so if by chance you haven't there all in the Deathstalker universe. I wouldn't mind reading a Steve Blue short story thought.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:08 pm 

Mistworld, Ghostworld and Hellworld Have been released as a collected (omnibus) edition, both as 'Twilight of the Empire' (US) and 'Deathstalker Prelude' (UK, with a revised version of Hellworld).

Probably easier to find those titles than the individual books.

I have to admit, a short story collection from the Deathstalker Universe would be cool. Especially if said collection introduced new characters that added to the background tapestry of the universe instead of just adding to the existing story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next