It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: King Douglas and Dinn Durandal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:02 pm 

Yes, and of course the final revelation about them was very cool. They managed to cause colossal suffering and loss of life, though :x

Post subject: Re: King Douglas and Finn Durandal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:44 pm 

Not as much as others managed, though. :p

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:32 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 pm 

Quote:
Somehow, Valentine always reminded me of Marilyn Manson/Brian Warner.
i dont know how to use the insert quote thingie on this forum, but when i read that before, i spit my soda from laughing so hard :lol: and what makes it even funnier is that i knew brian off-handedly before he got hugely famous. i always pictured valentine more as the joker as well, but the manson line just fits... although brian is more of a softy than val ever was. plus valentine doesnt posess much of a conscience. or regard for others either.

i must say that the dialogue between val and cardinal kassar at the shreck wedding may have been my personal favorite from him.

however as far as characters that i can sympathise with, and/or relate to, my favorite has always been finlay. a true warrior with no tech or implants who isnt afraid to die for what he believes in. and he was a serious bad ass to boot. he may very well have been the batman to valentines joker. that was how i interpretted it the first time i read it all those years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:07 am 

Quote:
i must say that the dialogue between val and cardinal kassar at the shreck wedding may have been my personal favorite from him.

That, and when he revealed to Owen his zombie lover. It was disgusting and hilarious at the same time. :lol:

Quote:
my favorite has always been finlay. a true warrior with no tech or implants who isnt afraid to die for what he believes in. and he was a serious bad ass to boot. he may very well have been the batman to valentines joker.

Yes, but there is one striking difference. Batman can defeat the Joker. Finlay can't really harm Val, not after his upgrade from the Shub. But I am very sorry that we didn't see a fight between Kid Death and Finlay. :?