It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2 questions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:20 pm 

1. can someone tell me what differences there are between original print of hellworld and the version found in Deathstalker Prelude?

2. Is this series done for good? I just finished reading the series and I can't understand why it isn't more popular then it is, and I'm really craving more deathstalker

Post subject: Re: 2 questions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

zofox2 wrote:
1. can someone tell me what differences there are between original print of hellworld and the version found in Deathstalker Prelude?

2. Is this series done for good? I just finished reading the series and I can't understand why it isn't more popular then it is, and I'm really craving more deathstalker

Hi there,

1: There shouldn't be any, its the same copy the publisher just recovered and reissued as 1 volume.

2: Book one is in it's (I think) 25th printing and has never been out of print since it was published. You can't get more popular than that!

'Is it done for good'. Well I think we've seen all we're going to of Owen and co.
We only got the second series because Simon isn't at his best in the mornings!
He did once tell me that he had a vague idea if he was really, really pressed, but there's nothing in the next 2 years of that I can be sure... after that, who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:32 pm 

I am missing this universe, if I am to be fair. I love "Star Wars"and wanted to read something similar, but not another Extended Universe novel. I searched and searched for good space opera, but most of it was military scifi, which is boring for me, or hard sci, which is not what I want. And then - I discovered "Deathstalker". And I fell in love with this series and the way Mr. Green writes. Now, as it is over, I am quite sad. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:22 am 

i also wish there would be more deathstalker books forthcoming. i understand an excellent ending when i read one, and mr. green certainly gave us one. however i have been wondering if it would be stretch to somehow have an interaction between john taylor and the deathstalker universe, if not with owen and hazel directly. you know something along the lines of john reaching out with his "sight" and coming into contact with lewis or even the young giles. because recently taylor has come into possesion of that mysterious circlet that walker tried to use on him that can supposedly send his mind into time... and there have been many references to the deathstalker realm in various books. especially in the nightside novels though, what with people and aliens coming into being from all manner of timeslips... and what about the "futuristic cyborg with the glowing golden eyes" who was shooting up in the dragon den when taylor went to go meet with the lord screech?

in another vein, hehe, i have always wondered if a book would ever be written about giles' first ascension to the mantle of "warrior prime". i think that that would be an amazing tale! and of his son dram, and the shadow warriors who inevitably chased him into eternity. maybe its just me, but that is the real story i would positively love to read! :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:10 am 

wolfling wrote:
in another vein, hehe, i have always wondered if a book would ever be written about giles' first ascension to the mantle of "warrior prime". i think that that would be an amazing tale! and of his son dram, and the shadow warriors who inevitably chased him into eternity. maybe its just me, but that is the real story i would positively love to read! :ugeek:

This is something I'd love to read as well. Also the Empire seemed extremely weird and interesting in that times. This forum makes me wanna re-read the whole series!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:11 am 
Site Admin

Be careful what you wish for. . .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:13 am 

Steve wrote:
Be careful what you wish for. . .

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:56 pm 

Anyone know if Simon has ever given the go ahead to other authors (I'm not talking fan fiction here) to expand upon his universe? Star Wars (obvious comparison) has numerous authors, as does (Dungeon & Dragons campaign setting) The Forgotten Realms.

It would be interesting to see the Deathstalker universe expanded to fill out bits of history and add new characters.

(I wouldn't like to see other authors try and use existing characters, that would just be wrong.)

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Allowing other authors to visit your world has had a few problems over the last few years. The time of things like Thieves World, or Wildcards are long gone.

There are a number of copyright issues that have created problems. I think its doubtful that 'open world' series will be around for a while.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:40 am 

Besides, I am not sure that many authors would be able to write well in the "Deathstalker" universe, which is quite unique. Maybe some of the Black Library authors, but I'm not sure...
Still, I want more "Deathstalker" novels... :(