It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DeahStalker Online Presence
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 pm 

Hello All,
You friendly neighborhood Deatstalker fan here. I have been a sci fi fan since longer than I can remember. I grew up watching all of the original scifi movies with my dad and ofcourse the more popular genres like Star Wars and Star Trek pulled me in to the Scifi universe quickly. As I grew older however, I viewed scifi like test tasting fine dishes. All have their flavors and all can transport you to a unique universe unlike any other. I am read everything from Dune series, to Starwars, Vernor Vinge, The foundation series, and the list keeps going...
I have however, only recently discovered and have been reading the Deathstalker series. I have to say, I loved its fresh new way of looking at a Space Opera.
There are so many aspects to the DeathStalker universe that one would have trouble making a clear cut comparison with another SciFi universe. I've heard all the critisicm, and read all the reviews, but you still can't deny, its one of the most unique scifi universes in exsistance.
It is interesting to me though, that such an long series of scifi books, with such a unique an overwhelming large fictional universe has such a weak online presence. I've looked at wikis, and there is 1 or 2 but very weak and uncomplete. I've always enjoyed looking for "online encyclopedias" finding Fan Art, Fan Stories, and anyother bits of reference on the series I am reading. And the Deathstalker series is perfect for that.
What do you think? Do you think that the Deathstalker Univerrse should have a better online presece with its international fans?
I think so.
1) An online Wikipage that has some sort of Encyclopedia
2) A fan site where they can share thoughts on the series
3) A fan site where art and fiction can be posted
4) Even maybe go as far as creating some sort of online RPG, play by post site based on this universe.

Ect , ect..

These are my ideas.
Tell me what you think.

Post subject: Re: DeahStalker Online Presence
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:59 am 

I think that a Deathstalker Wikia would be awesome. It would be of interest to established fans and could help garner new ones.

Fan fiction has been discussed and it has the general view of being unfavourable, as there are always going to be copyright issues.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:33 am 

There's a few pages on Wikipedia about Deathstalker, but nothing that really gives you an in depth feel of the universe. Sadly "space opera" is a very niche genre and doesn't have as much public draw as urban fantasy nowadays.

I regret I only visited the old Bluemoon.nl site a few times back when it was still running. Memory serves there was a decent discussion about the Deathstalker series back then, but the board has been lost to time. :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:47 pm 

How would one go about setting up a Deathstalker Wiki? I presume you'd go with Wikia?