It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Favorite character?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

Just to show that Simon will use anything and then tell you later.

My wife is Toby's secretary in (I think Deathstalker 3) and was killed in the next one (I'll have to have word with him about that :D ) Although the description wasn't quite right. . .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:19 pm 

Didn't that secretary try to kill Toby by blowing up his office? (Deathstalker 4 or 5 - I'm pretty sure it was after the fall of Lionstone) You may want to have words with Mr. Green about things you may or may not know!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

I believe she did... What can I say!

Mind you, I'm one of Walkers body guards (can't remember which Nightside off the top of my head, the one with Madman). I was going be killed horribly (I think), but he forgot...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:00 am 

I seem to remember Simon mentioning that the webmaster in Deathstalker Legacy was a nod to Nimitz. He said the character had to die, or else he wouldn't be true to his # 1 (European) fan.

I wonder if Simon's killed any other online nerd in a book?

/I can hope, can't I?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:51 am 

Hey all! I'm new to this site. I love Simon R. Green's books and have decided to join in the fun.
My favorites are Rupert, his unicorn, and Owen. They are just so SO hilarious. I've re-read all his books a dozen times and these characters never fail to make me laugh. I love that they're constantly making fun/complaining of the whole heroism thing, but still act like true heroes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:06 am 

wolfling wrote:
i can't believe that i forgot one of my favorites of all time from simon's works.... i have been re-reading the deathstalker series yet again, and realized that i left Finlay Campbell off the list. :shock: when i was a young teen and first read this series, i immediately felt a strong liking towards Finlay. growing up a comic book collector, my favorite was (and still to this day is) Batman. finlay reminded me of Batman. the are both rich kids who grew up to fight for the injustices of the common folk. and they both were true warriors, unreliant upon technology and super powers in a world were every character had one. and they still kicked ass and took names!

I didn''t caught the similarities between Finlay and Batman, but yeah, there are some. He is also a great character.
I also like very much Investigator Carrion. Great, very charismatic character.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:20 am 

Hands down, my favorite characters from the Deathstalker books would have to be Bruin Bear and The Seagoat. Something about how they were written just kinda struck a chord with me and I am pretty sure they'll kinda be bouncing around in the back of my head for the rest of my life.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:22 am 

Steve wrote:

Mind you, I'm one of Walkers body guards (can't remember which Nightside off the top of my head, the one with Madman). I was going be killed horribly (I think), but he forgot...

That would be #4 "Hex And The City" The fact that your character wasn't killed narrows it down, since John was killing pretty much everybody Walker threw at him in those days. Were you the one who walked into a lamp-post, or were you Lovett, who didn't have a good reaction time in the Willow Tree Teahouse?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:33 am 
Site Admin

SaraCVT wrote:
Steve wrote:

That would be #4 "Hex And The City" The fact that your character wasn't killed narrows it down, since John was killing pretty much everybody Walker threw at him in those days. Were you the one who walked into a lamp-post, or were you Lovett, who didn't have a good reaction time in the Willow Tree Teahouse?

That's me !!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:05 pm 

My three favourite characters in the Deathstalker series are:

3: Oz. That's how an AI is supposed to be.

2: Carrion. He appeals to the survivalist in me (Ghostworld was also the second Simon Green book I ever read, after Blood & Honour).

1: Finlay Campbell. Such an excellent character in every way, I feel we never meet the 'real' Finlay. Nor, do I suspect, is Finlay even sure who the 'real' Finlay is.