It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: My Favorite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:45 am 

Blue Moon Rising may well be his best book. It's certainly one of the best horror novels I've ever seen, and that takes in a lot of territory. The description of Forest, the buildup to the battle and many other creepy things.

Post subject: Re: My Favorite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 am 

"Blue Moon Rising" is a spectacular novel, certainly one of his best. It has everything, from humour to horror, amazing characters, great hero, great villains, excellent descriptions, court intrigues, tons of magic and sword fighting... It is amazing. Some would say that the plot is too traditional, but I like that.
But in reality I can't say whether it is the best in the series. "Blood and Honour" is pretty unique too. The atmosphere in the book is specific, the plot extremely original, the characters very vivid in my mind, the descriptions of the scenes with the Unreal chilling, the main hero very likable. And what about "Down Among the Dead Men"? It was a chilling ride, with very strong characters as well, especially the archer, I think that his name was Wilde. I was almost in tears when he died. The horror scenes wre too amazing, the only con IMO was that the book could have used a slightly darker ending, like "Hellworld" (from the "Deathstalker" universe).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:21 pm 

While I enjoyed all of the books in the "Blue Moon" series, I have to admit that my favorite was "Down Among the Dead Men", because like someone said it was very chilling and spooky.

I wish that Mr. Green would give us another book in this series.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:43 am 

I love when Mr. Green mixes fantasy or scifi with horror! His stories are very atmospheric and I definetly love when the real and the unreal blend... it's the scariest thing in horror IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:37 pm 

Templedog wrote:
While I enjoyed all of the books in the "Blue Moon" series, I have to admit that my favorite was "Down Among the Dead Men", because like someone said it was very chilling and spooky.

It was good. But the reason I liked BMR more was the way he did the horror of the trip back and forth through the Forest. A lot of it was understated and mood-driven. And then, when you reach the other side you realize that you're going to have to go back through the whole thing again, knowing how awful it will be. And if you screw up that's what will take over the whole world forever.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:35 am 

i really enjoyed BMR as well. but honestly i was enraptured when i went to the bookstore and saw the copy of beyond the blue moon when it was first released. i remember after reading the first chapter my jaw hitting the floor to the revelation as to whom hawk and fisher really were. (curse my slowness!) i had never put two and two together until that moment. i was so excited that i read half of the book on the bus ride home and ended up having to hail a cab to get home after realising that i had missed my stop after a 2 hour bus ride! 42 dollars and 45 minutes later i was back in my apartment finishing up what i didn't in the cab ride home ;) :ugeek: i still think that as a stand alone book, BMR is the best of the forest series. but that experience with BTBM has definately left me with the memory of an amazing experience.