It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hawk & Fisher links?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:13 pm 

New arrival to the SRG forum, so I hope I'm not asking something that's been answered elsewhere a billion times already. But I couldn't help notice that there are no links to the Hawk & Fisher books--either in their original format or the omnibus printings--in the Bibliography section of the web site.

Doesn't impact me directly, since I already own them all, but I'm curious as to the reasons why. I'd hate to think that the books won't be available to future fantasy readers.

--Rodent of the Dark

http://www.mouseferatu.com

Post subject: Re: Hawk & Fisher links?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 am 
Site Admin

Partly my fault partly the publisher.

The H&F's have been out of print for a very long time. I keep being promised the cover images and the back cover copy for them but it never arrives !

I'm going to have to either chase them (again) or sit down and scan in the covers and copy type the cover info when I have the time !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:52 am 

Could you just cheat and do this?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hawk+a ... 53&bih=710

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Kingfisher wrote:

I could, and have. But that's the easy bit. Getting the back cover copy is the hard part. I don't fancy typing in 8 books worth (the 6 titles plus the 2 compilations).
But I'm lazy :D .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:50 pm 

Need to make use of your audience. Convince Sparhawk and Alyindar to type it up for you!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:16 pm 

I have Guard Against Dishonour, and the two omnibus editions (Haven of Lost Souls; Fear and Loathing in Haven).

Would be the work of a minute to type them up:

Guard Against Dishonour (ISBN 0-7472-3794-8)

A winter's day in Haven - there's grey slush and ice underfoot, hearts have grown cold, and there's a riot underway in a Northside tavern...

The carnage that greets Captains Hawk and Fisher, the only honest cops in Haven, shocks even them. A drug-crazed couple have slaughtered everyone at the inn and feasted on their bodies. And all it took was one dose of the new super-drug chacal.

Hawk and Fisher track down the supplier to a pocket dimension within a run-down tenement in the Devil's Hook, but he has friends in high places who secure his release while the ink on the arrest warrant is still wet. Threatened with suspension, Hawk goes undercover to get the goods on the supplier, while Fisher is despatch a set of low-profile, high-risk peace talks. Then rumours begin to fly about a traitor in the Guard - involved with drugs and working to sabotage the talks. Fisher's name is mentioned... and it's up to a discredited Hawk to prove her innocence.

Haven of Lost Souls (ISBN 1-85798-900-7)

When you are tired of life, come to Haven. And someone will kill you.

Haven is a dark city, the rotten apple of the Low Kingdoms, where anything can be bought, stolen or fought for. From the slums and squalor of the Devil's Hook to High Tory, where the aristos and politicians double deal, murder and corruption flourish openly. Swords and sorcery clash every day in the mean and merciless magical city of Haven.

Captains Hawk and Fisher, husband and wife, are the only honest cops in Haven's City Guard. Together, they take on everything from vampires and werewolves to locked-room murder mysteries, from conniving politicians to the enigmatic Beings on the Street of Gods.

You can find anything in Haven. And it can find you.

This is the real Hell Street Blues - where everyone plays for keeps.

Fear and Loathing in Haven (ISBN 1-85798-939-2)

It's a typical day in Haven: wherever trouble rears its ugly head - be it mortal or supernatural - Captains Hawk and Fisher are there to sort it out.

The Captains, husband and wife, are the only honest cops in the down and dirty city of magic and mayhem, where double dealing, murder and corruption flourish. An invincible team, they've proven their mettle against shapechanging socerors, necrofiliac vampires, werewolves and a host of dastardly villains.

And nothing's going to stop them this time; not a Family's monstrous secret; not charges of treason; not even death itself...

There ya go. Blurb.

Haven of Lost Souls is an omnibus of:
No Haven for the Guilty
Devil Take the Hindmost
The God Killer

Fear and Loathing in Haven is an omnibus of:
Vengeance for a Lonely Man
Guard Against Dishonour
Two Kings in Haven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:19 pm 

If we are talking about books not mention on the site, there is Simon's adaption of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, as well...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:23 am 
Site Admin

Luc wrote:
If we are talking about books not mention on the site, there is Simon's adaption of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, as well...

cough, cough, copyright issues, cough, cough. . .

Many thanks for the copy. I was planning to do them this weekend anyway as I think a year waiting for them is a bit much. . .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:00 am 

Told you there were enough obsessives on here to get the job done for you!

(Though I must confess, I'm as lazy as you are.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:07 am 

Stupid copyright issues! :x

You not even allowed to mention it at all?

Seems rather a shame that it isn't even allowed a mention. It's a good read (better than the movie, in fact.)