It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Torchwood: Miracle Day
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:25 pm 

So the new series of Torchwood begins this Friday 8-July in the US on Starz, and 14-July in the UK on BBC One. I've seen a couple of trailers but haven't read too much into it. I'm glad Russell Davies is still involved, but I'm worried about the show becoming "too american" and straying from its roots, focusing too much on action over story and substance.

Any predictions on why Captain Jack suddenly decides to return to Earth, after abandoning his humanity at the end of Children of Earth? Maybe "Allons-y" Alonso helped to change his mind!

Post subject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:17 pm 

The Torchwood premier was ok. Nothing overly game changing, but good none-the-less. Lots of questionsof course, and Jack's reason for returning to Earth wasn't really gone into in depth. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

I watched it yesterday and enjoyed it.

Can say too much as it doesn't air in the Uk until Thursday !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

Any thoughts on this now its aired in the UK?

I thought the transition from the US to Wales was fun.

The missile going through the cottage !!

Looks a lot glossier than the BBC version, but was it better ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm 

I have to admit that I used to be a huge Torchwood fan but that I was livid at RTD for totally ruining that show in season 3. I absolutely _hated_ Children of Earth. I only watched the first episode of season 4 because my friends would be watching it and I wanted to be able to discuss it with them.

I will admit that it was better than I expected but I thought it was rather Hollywoodised and predictable.

To be honest I can't shake the feeling that RTD is just building up to offing all the characters left over from previous seasons, including Jack. I wouldn't put it past him to kick that show down further than he already has with season 3.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:51 pm 

Can't kill Jack, he's a fixed point in time, and the Doctor already proved in Waters of Mars that you can't change fixed points...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Don't see how they can kill Jack off, even with this plot line.

That would screw up something like 3 millions years of future history (if he really was the Face of Bo, of course?)...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:07 pm 

Well he is killable right now after all, I wouldn't put it past RTD, but I really really really hope they don't kill him!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

So? What's everyone's thoughts now we're 6 (or 7) ep's in depending on where you live or if you download them from the net?

I'm just about to sit down and watch ep 7 which was shown in the US last night and will be shown in the UK next Thursday...

I can't see where RTD is going with it?

There must be a very good reason why everyone's being made undying? But at the moment I don't see what it is? Although, judging from the opening of ep 7 I think we maybe getting the beginnings of the reveal?
Also can't see what Danes has to do with anything? other then being lucky ??

(sorry too many ?'s I know!).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 pm 

I don't like it at all. I will happily admit I'm only watching it because a lot of my friends are. I liked season 1, I ADORED season 2, heck even the abominable Children of Earth had it's epic moments. Even though overall season 3 sucked and seen as a whole RTD deserves to be clobbered over the head with one of my steel toe combat boots. Or better yet, my pirate boots, I bet the wooden soles would be better to knock sense into him.

Anyway, what is up with Miracle Day? It's just so Hollywoodised! And it's kind of the same spiel of CoE all over again as well. Everything is looking bleak and dire and then no doubt something or someone will come and save the day.
That or he finds a way to get rid of Jack and Gwen permanently.

And Steve, as for your comment in the other topic: I'm STILL hoping that RTD sees sense and brings Ianto back. Ianto was awesome, he had all the good oneliners and he made me laugh. For some reason Torchwood just doesn't seem to work without Ianto!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next